For learners, FDIBA provides access to a variety of useful resources. Here you can find out how to access them.
FDIBA provides 2 Wi-Fi networks for students and employees.
FDIBA 802.1X – for intranet/Internet access
eduroam – internet access only
The networks require authentication with username and password (FDIBA ID). Newly enrolled students receive an FDIBA ID in the 1st semester along with their student ID card. Later enrolled students can request it from the FDIBA IT Team (Room 10207-A) or through the ServiceDesk.
Eduroam (education roaming) offers students and staff the opportunity to securely and conveniently connect to the Wi-Fi when visiting another educational institution at home or abroad. The Eduroam network at other institutes can only be used after registration at the FDIBA.
In order to use the Internet access at the locations of the participating organizations, the authentication is handled with your own username and password (FDIBA ID).
The Eduroam network uses the same authentication method as the FDIBA 802.1X network. To use Eduroam, the username is entered in the format firstname.lastname@example.org. The password is the password you use with your account.
Please note that you can only get Internet access via SSID Eduroam without access to local resources from the FDIBA network (such access is only possible via the FDIBA 802.1X network).
In general, the following settings apply:
Network name (SSID): eduroam
EAP Typ: PEAP
Internal authentication: MSCHAPv2
From the list with institutions select Technical University Sofia, user group “Users of FDIBA (German Faculty)”.
Log-In as a guest of FDIBA:
If you are a guest of FDIBA, simply use your account provided by your home school.
For more information, contact your data center and at https://www.eduroam.org or http://cat.eduroam.org.
Microsoft 365 Education gives students, faculty, and staff the communication and productivity services they need with all the features and flexibility a modern educational institution needs.
Microsoft 365 Education offers the following services:
- E-Mail in the form of email@example.com with a capacity of 100 GB – a service based on Microsoft Exchange.
- Instant Messaging, Internet Voice and Video Conferencing – Online audio and video conferencing with one-click screen sharing, HD video conferencing and virtual dashboard – Microsoft Teams based service.
- Office Web Apps – free advanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote web apps enable learners to work from multiple devices—straight from the browser. Multiple users can work together on the same document. With Outlook Web Apps, you don’t need to install an office suite on your computer because you can create and edit documents right in your web browser.
- Teamwebsites – Collaborate on projects, workgroups or clubs with team sites to organize related documents, notes, tasks and conversations in one place – a Microsoft SharePoint based service.
- Mobility – synchronization of email, calendar and contacts; View and edit Office documents with Office Web Apps using a browser on iOS and Android devices.
- Reliability – Guaranteed 99.9% continuity of service and software.
- Protection – Modern practices to maintain protection with five layers of protection and proactive monitoring.
You have an FDIBA ID to access FDIBA resources (computer labs, file storage, wireless internet access, remote network access, eduroam). This ID is usually your faculty number with @fdiba.tu-sofia.bg. This account also gives you access to the services in Microsoft 365. The FDIBA ID is entered in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration takes place at http://portal.office.com or http://mail.fdiba.tu-sofia.bg.